Job Posting – Mechanical Design Engineer Apply Below
KH Industries, a manufacturer of portable lighting and temporary power solutions, is seeking a team-oriented Mechanical Design Engineer to join the company. We have the ability to design and build customized solutions for utilities, airlines and other industrial applications. As the Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for carrying out a variety of engineering duties including the research, design and manufacture of new products.
Responsibilities and Duties are as follows:
- Design analysis of existing products and propose recommendations for improvement
- Development and design of new products within existing product lines
- Create and evaluate designs through 3D modeling (SolidWorks) and testing
- Design for manufacturability utilizing current KH Industries equipment
- Create drawings and Bills of Materials for new and updated product designs
- Work closely with mold design, machine shop and manufacturing to see new products through to production
- Independent project management
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- General knowledge of NRTL (UL, CSA and ETL) requirements
- Computer experience with emphasis on MSOffice products, CAD software, preferably SolidWorks and ERP/MRP experience
- Ability to read, understand and create technical drawings and material specifications
- Strong mechanical design aptitude
- Designing for plastics
- 5+ years of design engineering experience
Education: Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
Physical work environment will require:
- Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs. or heavier
- Occasional pushing, pulling or handling of materials
KH Industries offers an excellent benefits package, including Health Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, PTO and holiday pay.
KH is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time